i kind of love everything about this outfit. the skirt is new, so that’s fun. and the deep blue just makes me happy. and obviously i’ve already admitted to my infatuation with the tied shirt trend. and those nude pumps always make me feel fabulous.
confessions of a white girl: the pumps aren’t technically the shoe color “nude.” nope, they are actually the shoe color “bone,” because my extreme whiteness was too much for “nude.” had to tone it down to “bone” to get that streamlined leg look.
but i think people would get weirded out if i referred to them as my “bone pumps.” although come to think of it, my ” nude pumps” isn’t much better. so what do i call them???
oh, the fashion conundrums.
tied shirt: forever 21
tank top: old navy
“The truly creative mind in any field is no more than this:
A human creature born abnormally, inhumanly sensitive.
To them… a touch is a blow, a sound is a noise,
a misfortune is a tragedy, a joy is an ecstasy,
a friend is a lover, a lover is a god, and failure is death.
Add to this cruelly delicate organism the overpowering necessity to create, create, create —
so that without the creating of music or poetry or books or buildings or something of meaning,
their very breath is cut off…
They must create, must pour out creation.
By some strange, unknown, inward urgency they are not really alive unless they are creating.”
-Pearl S. Buck-
Thanks to Emily Davis for sharing the quote! 🙂 Simply beautiful.
it’s cyber monday, and i gave into the madness. except it’s not really madness, it’s actually brilliance!
see, i love clothes, and i LOVE great deals…
but i kind of hate waking up early, especially to do battle with crazy people and stand in line for hours. (ie…i’m not a black friday kind of girl. i mean, i still went shopping on black friday, but i went at like 2pm. i’m so not hardcore.)
anyways, back to the brilliance of cyber monday: i just shopped on my lunch break at work. i didn’t have to wake up early. i didn’t have to battle any psycho shoppers. AND i got some fantabulous deals.
but then i scooped up an extra 20% off code (HAPPYBLACKFRIDAY) from cup of jo!
my original total was $117.26. admittedly still a great deal for so many pretty things.
but then cyber monday came along and made my day even more awesome…and the grand total came out to 93.81!! for ALLL the things below!!
and bonus…ASOS offers free returns/exchanges…so it’s like a win-win-win situation. or something.
oh, and one more thing. i kind of love that all of the items i bought could be worn together. (well, you know, one pair of tights at a time, but you get my drift.) makes me feel like the money was even more worth it. 93 buckaroos for a complete outfit?
yep, sure, i’ll take it!
cyber monday…you’ve got yourself a new fan.
so i realized i blogged a post called “i need. i want.” during the week of thanksgiving. hah! could i get any more un-thankful?? geez.
in my defense, it was about needing and wanting good changes in my life, but if you didn’t read the post, you wouldn’t know that!
and really, i was talking to my mom about the post last night, and i got all whiny and complainy and all “what do i want to do with my life…omg i have no direction…i’m failing at everrryythinggg…i talk big game and neverrrr follow through on anything…omggggg…..”
i may or may not be over-dramatic on occasion. maybe.
really, i need to chill. yes, i feel all of those things at times, and i was feeling them when i wrote the post and i’m still feeling some of them at this moment. but the reality of life at THIS moment, this very second, is that i should be thankful for everything i DO have, rather than fast-forwarding my life and lamenting all the things i DON’T have yet.
so, as a reality check for myself, i am going to post a super awesomely cliche “things i’m thankful for” list on this lovely thanksgiving day 2011. so that when i’m being ridiculously slightly over-dramatic, i’ll have a reminder that i need to stop. appreciate. and just slowwww my roll. so, funny or serious, here’s my list…
1. i’m thankful that my dad has a job!
2. i’m thankful that my sweet grandparents are still alive and i get to spend another thanksgiving with them.
3. i’m thankful that my car hasn’t broken down in over a year. (knock on wood!!)
4. i’m thankful that i have a job with good pay and benefits.
5. i’m thankful that i have made some wonderful, special new friends this year.
6. i’m thankful that red mango opened in gainesville.
7. i’m thankful that my family is healthy.
8. i’m thankful that my mom is my best friend.
9. i’m thankful that Netflix streams movies and TV shows.
10. i’m thankful that i never have to worry about where i’m going to sleep or where my next meal is coming from.
11. i’m thankful that i have a dog who is half human/half cat.
12. i’m thankful that i have learned to listen to my body and treat it right with good food and exercise. (now just have to work on remembering this one…)
13. i’m thankful that i have lost weight and gotten into better shape than i have been in a long time.
14. i’m thankful that i get to wear tights, boots and scarves for the next couple of months.
15. i’m thankful that i have turned a hobby into a small business that allows me to save up money for traveling and other fun things.
16. i’m thankful that i have learned to love myself and embrace my quirks. (still a daily process)
17. i’m thankful for books. all of them.
18. i’m thankful for fresh market.
19. i’m thankful that i get to live close enough to my family to see them often.
20. i’m thankful for all of the sweet, supportive people who have encouraged me in so many ways this year.
alright, that’s obviously not an exhaustive list, and yep, many of the things are completely cliche…
…but it’s probably the cliche things that i often forget to be thankful for.
so don’t forget the cliches this thanksgiving.
put aside your needs and wants, and just pause.
i am love love loving two trends i’ve been seeing recently:
2) color blocking.
this was a bit of a weak attempt at color blocking, considering i just went with two different shades of blue.
but it’s baby steps, people. baby steps.
and tying my shirt?
well, i’ve done it three times in the last week or so.
yep, i’m a fan.
shoes: urban outfitters