Yeah, I’m not really a ninja. That’s a lie. But it IS lunchtime, so the post title is half true.
However, I like to think of myself as a ninja, as I am about to bust out a blog post in 23 mins. Just like that…ninja style.
(Can you tell this post is going to make ZERO sense already?)
To be honest, I don’t even know what to blog about. My brain is a little too full right now, and my schedule is a little too tight, and I don’t have any pictures ready to show you. Which all combines into a perfect storm that leaves my blog a little blank and turns me into a lunchtime ninja.
So, for the sake of time and my (and your) sanity, let’s go with the tried and true list format general life update. Never fails to make me happy, and you too, right? Short, sweet, and to the point. Go.
1. It’s FREEZING here today. In April. In Gainesville. wtf, mate?! It smells like fall outside, but it’s spring, and my body is confused, but I got to wear a scarf and knee socks today, so I guess it’s all good.
EDITED TO ADD: I’ve been informed that the above photo makes me look like a very cute midget (ehem…thanks, Sarah. 😉 ). Just to clarify (in case someone I don’t know in real life is reading this and thinks perhaps I am actually a very cute midget), this photo is indeed TWO photos…one to show my scarf and one to show my socks. And really, if you think this is one photo, you must also assume my body can contort into impossible angles. Which is flattering, but untrue. The truth is, I’m 5’4″ and as far from a Circe de Soleil performer as it gets. Ok, glad we cleared that up.
2. My “wtf, mate” quote reminded me of how much I love this video. Seriously, if you don’t crack up EVERY time you watch this, we probably can’t be friends.
3. I have the body of a 74 year old woman. If I shoot a wedding, my shoulder aches for days. If I play tennis ONCE, my knee decides it no longer wants to be a part of my leg. My body has decided to completely rebel against me, and it’s so not ok. Today, it’s all of the above hurting, plus a pinched nerve/pulled muscle that makes me grimace every time I turn my head. Bleh.
4. Lexie decided to go naked for the summer. Ok, so maybe it wasn’t her decision. Maybe she has no ears because her mom is really bad at combing out her ridiculous amounts of ear hair and they were too matted to save. But really, wouldn’t YOU run around naked all summer if it was socially acceptable? Yeah, I told her it was actually a sweet deal, but the look on her face tells me she thinks otherwise.
5. I survived the ENTIRE month of March without shopping. **insert cheers and applause** Thank you, thank you very much. I know, I’m so super amazing to accomplish such a difficult feat. No but really…it was hard! But I did it, and then proceeded to shop for like 6 hours on Saturday. But I swear, I totally needed every single thing I bought. Totally.
6. I have the travel bug something fierce…but no vacation plans in sight. I need to remedy this soon…any takers? Anyone want to go somewhere with little old me? You know you wanna…..
7. I have 9 minutes left til lunch is over.
8. Glee has been on a little break from new episodes recently, and it’s making me SO. SAD. However, last night was the Grilled Cheesus episode, which I LOVE. I mean, come on. Finn prays to his sandwich. What’s not to love?
9. I did a new workout class last Friday night called “Muscle Confusion.” Totally. accurate. name. I was the only person to show up, but the dude was cool and said to stay and it would be like personal training. Umm…yeah. This resulted in me trying to impress him with my stellar workout skills and superhuman endurance, which then resulted in me almost tossing my cookies in the gym bathroom, and then deciding that quitting halfway through would be embarrassing, and then sucking it up, holding it down, and finishing the whole class. And then immediately wasting the rest of my evening completely immobile on my couch, dying in pain.
10. On the workout topic, I’m going to do a little shameless self-congratulating on the blog. Some of you know that I have been working HARD to lose some weight and get back in shape. And, I wanted to do it without dieting, because dieting is just totally unrealistic and awful for me. I need me some desserts, and I refuse to give them up completely. So, I signed up for MyFitnessPal and proceeded to change how I approached food and exercise. I might go into more details on that whole process sometime (if you are interested…are you??), but for now, I just want to say that I’m a couple months into my lifestyle makeover, and I’m 12 lbs down and counting! Super stoked about that (and it made the shopping on Saturday WAY more fun), and excited to keep working towards my goals and keeping my lifestyle in check.
On that note, I’m going to go see if there is any dessert left in the break room (I told you it’s not a diet!) and then get back to work. Have a lovely Wednesday!