When I was little, I thought Winnie the Pooh was actually “Wendy” the Pooh. Childish narcissism? Well, when I was in kindergarten I also told all my classmates that I owned the restaurant Wendy’s and worked there after school. Yeahhh…
Today, I felt like Wendy the Pooh…literally.
This day was pooh. I’m PMSing like woah. (Sorry, boys.) I woke up utterly exhausted and sore from the shoot yesterday. I ate 2 rice krispie treats, 3 chocolate chip cookies, and a Wendy’s frosty (appropriate), ruining my calorie-counting for the day. My bangs are too long and were in my face. I snapped at my ex-boyfriend at work because he was playing Gorgol Bordello within earshot. (I REALLY hate Gorgol Bordello.) My brand new camera broke yesterday, two weeks into using it, and I found out today that it’s backordered at Best Buy, so I’m SOL for the time-being. I cried on the phone to my mom in the Best Buy parking lot, and then I almost cried again at work out of sheer frustration. I came home with plans to Zumba out my angst, but I fell asleep and missed the class.
But I’m not telling you this because I want sympathy. I’m just telling you this because I figure someone else out there had a crappy day too, and maybe it will make them feel better to know they aren’t the only one. And, sometimes it’s just nice to vent a little. Thanks for listening (reading?), internet peoples.
However…lately I’ve been trying to think happy thoughts (even when I cry in parking lots).
So. Happy thoughts. Let’s do this.
1. I joined Twitter today! Well, I joined last November, but then I never actually tweeted. But this time, it’s the real deal, and I will be all kinds of entertaining on a regular basis…I promise. So, you should follow me! http://twitter.com/#!/anwen_elizabeth
2. I stumbled across Swiss Family Robinson on tv (right before I fell asleep after work), and even though I only watched a few minutes of it, it was awesome. One of my favorite movies from childhood. They lived in a tree house and had exotic animals as pets and fought pirates. Who wouldn’t want to live like that?? (And I totally had a crush on Fritz when I was little. He was a hottie…just sayin.)
3. The shoot yesterday was definitely a positive. Lots and lots of hard work with a group of amazing people totally paid off. I can’t wait to show you all more of the photos!
4. The Oscars are on this Sunday. Love.
5. I spent lots of time with friends this weekend, and cleaned my apartment to sparkling perfection. I even have fresh flowers (leftover from the shoot) all over my apartment.
6. I ordered Kelly Cutrone’s book “If You Have To Cry, Go Outside” today. (What, like to the parking lot?)
7. I’m re-reading Devil Wears Prada, and loving it all over again. (NYFW totally put me in the mood.)
Annnddd…I’m out. I think 7 happy thoughts on a day when I’m Wendy the Pooh is pretty respectable.
Here’s to a better tomorow! (And far less pooh.)
(EDITED TO ADD: I just played around with my camera, and I think it may be the memory card that was screwing up, not the actual camera…cross your fingers!! That’s a much more manageable problem!)