This week has been a little nuts. Not bad…just nuts. Or weird. Or something. But, I’ve been focusing on the good things. Happy thoughts.
After all, it was my namesake who famously said, “You just think happy thoughts. They lift you into the air.”
So. Happy thoughts. Let’s fly.
1. My best friend Jess gave birth to a sweet (huge!) baby boy today–Jasper Grey Steen. 10lbs, 10oz, born at home in water. She is my hero. And I am a new auntie!
2. I ran 11 minutes straight on Monday. To some, that’s nothing. To me, that’s huge. I’m going to beat it next week.
3. I’ve been using MyFitnessPal to get work on losing a little weight and getting healthier, and I’ve lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks. I’m starting to feel my muscles wake up. I feel strong. And the endorphins are pretty awesome too.
3. I got my new camera, a Canon 5D Mark II…yeah, baby! I’ve been saving for a long time, so this is BIG. Can’t wait to use it in a shoot this weekend! I feel SO legit. 🙂
4. I got to talk to one of my very best friends who I haven’t talked to in a long time. Ok, so it was Facebook chatting, but that so counts.
5. I’ve been watching Skins (the BBC version, not the crap MTV version) on Netflix while I edit, and I found out it has the “Watch Instantly” option, so no more waiting for the disks to arrive! (Oh hush, this is very exciting.)
6. Glee was on twice this week. TWO new episodes. Amazing. (I promise my life doesn’t revolve around TV. Just Glee and Skins.)
7. I got caught up on editing. Seriously. I am caught up. This. Is. The. Best. Thing. Ever.
8. I got two pairs of new shoes. This is always exciting, but these are particularly excellent because they are basic pumps I’ve been on the hunt for, and I got them ON SALE. Thank you, Zappos. I love you, and my bank account hates you.
And finally, what’s happier than some photos of my cute pup taken on the new camera? Nothing, I say.