I miss blogging. Yeah, I blog all the time…photos, anecdotes about the amazing families I get to work with every weekend…but I haven’t really blogged much lately just for me. Just because I have thoughts, ideas, or random things to share. This blog has been a running commentary of my life over the last year, and I don’t want to read back through it and wonder what I was thinking, feeling, and doing this fall outside of staying up late editing and blogging Christmas card shoots.
So here I am…again blogging late at night, but this time it’s because I want to…not just because it’s something to check off the list.
Speaking of lists, I’m a big fan of them…so what have I been up to lately?
1. I got a smart phone…oh yeahhhh! Samsung Epic, baby! I feel like I am SO late to join the party, but boy am I glad that I did. Honestly, I’ve had it for like a week and I’m already wondering how I lived without the internet in the palm of my hand at all times. Yep, that is WAY sad, but true. Also, I have become hopelessly addicted to the game on my phone called Angry Birds. Didn’t see that coming, but I guess my days of playing endless, obsessive hours of Super Mario 64 have caught up to me again.
2. My friend Sarah and I are holding our first “For the Love” get-together on Saturday, and I am two-parts excited, one-part nervous. Why nervous? Well, we will be doing headshots of each other, and let’s just say there is a reason I am always behind the camera. Will I look ok in the photos? Will I do that weird serious-face that gives me a double chin? Will I put together a good outfit, one that is totally me? Will I giggle too much for anyone to get a good shot? I’m actually really looking forward to taking a spin in front of the camera, because I feel like it will make me a better photographer. It will help me see a shoot from the client’s point of view…which is probably a priceless experience I should have forced myself to have long before now. But priceless or not…I’m still nervous.
3. I have been so busy lately that I’ve been neglecting my pup. Not neglecting neglecting, but just not paying enough attention to my little Lexster. Poor thing probably thinks I got a new dog and it just so happens to look exactly like a computer. The last week or so I’ve been really making an effort to go on some nice, long walks with my little girl, but I still need to get better about that.
4. Speaking of long walks, I’m also on a mission to lose weight and get in shape. I don’t have a particularly great plan, or any sort of new-found self-control, but I just want it. I want to be able to wear the things I want to wear and not feel like my bumps and bulges are earning more attention than whatever fun new outfit I’m wearing. And I want to be in shape. I want to learn how to run. I want alot of things, and alot of those things require that I make some changes. So, all I’ve got for the moment to get me going on this is an app on my phone called MyFitnessPal. It’s a food diary with a calorie counter, and so far it’s been eye-opening to say the least. For example…I may just be dumb, but I thought that if I chose quiche over a sandwich at the bakery near work, I was eating healthier. Hahaha….yeahhh, right. I guess I just didn’t notice the buttery crusty goodness that was packing on the calories. So, first step towards losing a little weight…just understanding what I put in my body better. Oh, and working out more. That’s a given. We’ll see how it goes!
5. I’ve been LOVING me some Glee lately. Ok, so I’ve been loving it for like a year now, but it just keeps getting better and better! I’m a full on Gleek, and proud of it.
6. I’m way excited about it finally getting colder outside. I mean, it’s still Florida, so some days it’s upper 80s still (ridiculous, I know)…but those mornings when it’s in the 40s are just lovely. I get to bust out all the cute clothes that are only wearable for like two or three months a year…like boots, coats, scarves…ohh, I love scarves. Maybe I’ll wear a scarf on Saturday for the shoot…hmmm….
7. I’m in the process of making some decisions about this little business of mine. It’s growing (yay!), which means it’s time to be a big girl and make some big girl changes. Not entirely sure what all those changes will be yet, but I’ll keep you posted. I do know that I’ve got some creative, just-because-I-want-to shoots rattling around in the back of my head, and they just might see the light of day early next year. I’m way excited, but trying to stay focused on Christmas card season at the moment.
8. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 comes out tonight at midnight. I wish I could have made it to a midnight showing, but alas…that’s so not happening on a work night. So the tentative plan is to see it tomorrow night with a couple friends of mine who are also die-hard fans…and I’m so excited! When I got into college, my first major rebellion was to read the Harry Potter books. Yep…I didn’t drink my entire freshman year, but I read Harry Potter. Haha. I wasn’t allowed to read them in high school, so my freshman year was filled with wands, witches, and wizards, and I fell head over heels in love with the characters and storylines. I can’t wait to see how they bring this final book to life on the big screen…it’s going to be epic.
9. Annndd….it’s now 10:34pm, and I’m determined to make it into bed before 11pm for the first time in a couple of weeks. And as tempting as finishing watching Cheaper by the Dozen is (just saying…Tom Welling has his shirt off right now…), I am in desperate need of some sleep. So it’s off to bed I go, and I’ll leave you with a quick #10. (Because I’m one of those people who would be bothered by there only being 9 points instead of 10…)
10. I miss taking photos just for myself, just because I want to, so after shooting for 5 and a half hours straight last Sunday (not exaggerating), I stopped by the Swamp and spent some time alone…just me and my camera. I’ll be sharing alot of those photos soon, but for now, a teaser…