Branding made me think about things I like. I’d been skimming through some of my favorite books to get ideas, and it put me in a pensive, yet pleasant mood. After Erica left, I sat in my big cozy chair and just let myself drift. I just sat in my chair, puppy in my lap, thinking about things that make me happy, things that I forget how much I love. I should really daydream more often.
- The tangy smell right after you blow out a candle.
- Watching embers floating through the air from a bonfire on a cool night.
- My big cozy chair and a cup of coffee on a weekend morning.
- Lying in bed journaling about this that and the other.
- Impromptu sun-bathing.
- Falling asleep to the sound of rain…the real kind, or the kind made by my sound machine.
- Having someone play with my hair.
- The slightly-sick-to-my-stomach yet intoxicatingly-excited feeling I get before looking at the photos from a shoot I just did.
- The natural high from talking to a friend I miss dearly.
- The exhilarating feeling of buying clothes that are on sale. I’m a sucker for a bargain.
- When tears come to my eyes every time I read certain passages in my favorite books, watch scenes in certain movies, or hear particular song lyrics.
- The look of complete, unconditional love that Lexie gives me, no matter my mood.
Ok, so sometimes her looks are a little more Hey Mom, stop taking pictures of me and let me back inside! But I know she still loves me. 🙂